Tres Leches CakeFrom fireraven 9 years ago
- 5 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 c sugar, divided shopping list
- 1 tbs butter, softened shopping list
- 1/3 c fat free milk shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 c flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- milk syrup shopping list
- 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1 can (12oz) evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 c half and half shopping list
- 3 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Let egg whites state at room temp for 30 mins.
- Coat a 13x9in baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and dust with flour; set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed for 5 mins or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually beat in 3/4 c sugar and butter. Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Sift flour and baking powder; gradually add to yolk mixture and miz well (batter will be thick).
- In a small mizing bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar 1 tbs at a time on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into the batter.
- Spread evenly into prepared dish. Bake at 350 for 18-22 mins or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Place on wire rack.
- In a large sauce pan, combine the condensed milk, evaporated milk and half and half. Bring to a boil over med heat stir constantly; cook for 2 min. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool slightly.
- Cut cake into 15 pieces, leaving in baking dish. Poke holes in cake with a skewer. Slowly pour a third of the milk syrup over the cake, allowing the syrup to be absorbed into it. Repeat twice more. Let stand for 30 mins.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Top each piece with whipped topping and a starwberry if desiered.
The Cookfireraven Genesee, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!