Lemon ChickenFrom cheric 6 years ago
- 4 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1/2 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- 4 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 3 1/2 T brown sugar shopping list
- 3 T cornstarch shopping list
- 3 T honey shopping list
- 2 tsps instant chicken bouillon granules shopping list
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger shopping list
How to make it
- Cut chicken breasts in half. Pound with mallet or rolling pin to flatten slightly.
- Combine cornstarch, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Gradually blend in water and egg yolks.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet over high heat to 375 degrees. Dip chicken breasts, one at a time, into cornstarch-egg yolk mixture. Cook chicken breasts, two at a time, until golden, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm while cooking remaining chicken.
- Cut each breast into three or four pieces and arrange on serving plate. Sprinkle with onions.
- For sauce, combine all sauce ingredients in medium saucepan; mix well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce boils and thickens, about 5 minutes. Pour over chicken.
The Cookcheric Oklahoma City, OK
- Not added to any groups yet!