Buttermilk Belgian Waffles for TwoFrom deliathecrone 6 years ago
- 1 cup Bisquick Heart Smart baking mix shopping list
- 2 teaspoons canola oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute or beaten egg shopping list
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk shopping list
- Optional stir-ins: shopping list
- 1/8 cup dried blueberries or cranberries OR shopping list
- 2 tablespoons shredded dried coconut + 2 tablespoons toasted pecan pieces OR shopping list
- 2 tablespoons mini semisweet chocolate chips OR shopping list
- 1/8 cup raisins soaked overnight in 2 tablespoons dark rum (drain raisins well before adding to waffle mixture) shopping list
How to make it
- Start preheating a Belgian waffle iron.
- Add baking mix, canola oil, egg mixture, and buttermilk to a small mixing bowl and beat on low or stir by hand until blended. Add stir-ins now, if desired.
- When the waffle iron is ready, give it a quick spray with canola cooking spray and pour half the batter onto the center of the iron. Close lid and cook according to manufacturer's instructions (about three minutes or until steaming stops).
- Remove waffle and repeat with remaining waffle batter.
- Per waffle (using egg substitute): 295 calories, 10 g protein, 45 g carbohydrate, 9 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 3 mg cholesterol, 1.5 g fiber, 760 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 27%.