Chocolate Pots De CrmeFrom penguinrides 7 years ago
- Pots de Crème shopping list
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped fine 70% shopping list
- 5 large egg yolks shopping list
- 5 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 3/4 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- whipped cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (cold) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- Garnish (optional) shopping list
- cocoa powder for dusting shopping list
- chocolate shavings for sprinkling shopping list
How to make it
- FOR THE POTS DE CRÈME: Place chocolate in medium heatproof bowl; set fine-mesh strainer over bowl and set aside.
- Whisk yolks, sugar, and salt in medium bowl until combined; whisk in heavy cream and half-and-half. Transfer mixture to medium saucepan. Cook mixture over medium-low heat, stirring constantly and scraping bottom of pot with wooden spoon, until thickened and silky and custard registers 175 to 180 degrees on instant-read thermometer, 8 to 12 minutes (see photos, below). Do not let custard overcook or simmer.
- Immediately pour custard through strainer over chocolate. Let mixture stand to melt chocolate, about 5 minutes. Whisk gently until smooth, then whisk in vanilla. Divide mixture evenly among eight 5-ounce ramekins. Gently tap ramekins against counter to remove air bubbles.
- Cool pots de crème to room temperature, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours or up to 72 hours. Before serving, let pots de crème stand at room temperature 20 to 30 minutes.
- FOR THE WHIPPED CREAM: Using hand mixer or standing mixer fitted with whisk attachment, beat cream, sugar, and vanilla on low speed until bubbles form, about 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium; continue beating until beaters leave trail, about 30 seconds longer. Increase speed to high; continue beating until nearly doubled in volume and whipped cream forms soft peaks, 30 to 45 seconds longer.
- Dollop each pot de crème with about 2 tablespoons whipped cream; garnish with cocoa or chocolate shavings, if using. Serve.
The Cookpenguinrides Woodland Hills, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!