Swiss Chard and Potatoes for TwoFrom deliathecrone 8 years ago
- 1 Pound fresh swiss chard shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 Medium potatoes, peeled* and cut into bite-sized pieces shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- *If you prefer them unpeeled, go for it! My grandma always peeled the potatoes. shopping list
How to make it
- Slice the swiss chard into 2 inch pieces. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- Place the chard in a saucepan. Add the salt. Cover and simmer for
- 15 -20 minutes or until tender.
- Boil or steam the potatoes until they are cooked. Keep them warm.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan and add the garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the swiss chard with the liquid and the potatoes. Stir and simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.