Corned Beef Cabbage And Potatoes Oven Slowed CookedFrom alaskanmom 8 years ago
How to make it
- Place of a large piece of foil in the center of a large deep sided casserole dish. Place the corned beef in the middle of foil.
- Sprinkle season packet over beef along with the reserved juices and the water.
- Wrap it tight and wrap again with another piece of foil to keep the steam in.
- Bake over night in a 225 degree oven for 8-9 hours. (In our case 10pm to 7am) Can of course be done during the day.
- Remove from oven and let rest until cool enough to put in fridge. (about an hour) This helps firm it to slice easily.
- Save any juices and slice beef across the grain with an electric knife.
- Potatoes & Cabbage:
- Wash and place in a microwave safe bowl along with the beef broth.
- Cook on high for 12 minutes or until tender.
- Add the cabbage to the potatoes and microwave an additional 4 minutes.
- In a casserole dish arrange the beef in the middle and place the potatoes and cabbage around it.
- Pour the beef broth from the potatoes and reserved juices over the meat and vegetables.
- Cover with foil and return to 300 degree oven for about an hour.
- **Serve with a beer or two and enjoy:o)