Spinach And Feta Filo PieFrom birgitta 6 years ago
- 500 g fresh spinach (use more if you have) shopping list
- ca 80 g sun-dried tomatoes in oil (from jar), chopped into bite size pieces shopping list
- 200 g feta cheese, crumbled shopping list
- large handful of grated gruyere cheese (straight from freezer is fine) shopping list
- medium handful of grated parmesan cheese (straight from freezer is fine shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped, softly cooked and cooled slightly shopping list
- 2-3 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 pack (250g) filo pastry, thoroughly defrosted shopping list
- oil from sun-dried tomatoes (or melted butter) for brushing the cake tin shopping list
How to make it
- Wilt the spinach by placing it in a colander and pouring a kettle of boiling water over it, squeezing out all access water when cool enough to handle (you may have to do this in a couple of batches).
- Mix spinach, tomatoes, cheeses, onion and eggs. Season with salt & pepper.
- Brush a spring-form tin with loose bottom with the tomato oil (or melted butter).
- Roll out the filo pastry on damp kitchen roll and brush the top sheet with tomato oil (or melted butter). Drape sheet in the tin, tucking it carefully into the corners and letting it drape over the sides of the tin. Repeat with another 3-4 sheets, brushing each sheet with oil.
- Tip in the filling and press down lightly. Flip over the overhanging filo sheets to cover the filling and brush with oil. (If pre-cooking now for finishing off later, place one filo pastry over the top of all the other sheets and remove this when finishing off to avoid a burnt top layer).
- Cook in 180C oven (160C fan oven) for approx. 30 min.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
The Cookbirgitta London, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!