Sweet Potato and Pineapple DelightFrom grandmacooks 7 years ago
- 23 ounce can sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp cornstarch shopping list
- water shopping list
- 1 cup drained crushed pineapple shopping list
- reserved pineapple juice shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- chopped pecans (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Drain sweet potatoes and place in a shallow casserole dish and set it aside while your prepare the syrup.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, salt, and cornstarch.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add water to reserved pineaple juice to make 1 cup and add to the cooked syrup mixture in the saucepan.
- Pour liquid over the sweet potatoes in casserole dish.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans if desired.