Medjool Date JamFrom deliathecrone 9 years ago
How to make it
- In a saucepan, combine the port or Burgundy, sugar, honey, and cinnamon stick. When bubbles appear at the edges and the sugar has dissolved, add the dates.
- Cook over low for 30 minutes or until the dates are soft. Let them cool in the liquid.
- Remove the cinnamon stick. Strain the dates*.
- In a food processor, puree the dates (they do not have to be completely smooth).
- * See the recipe for Apple and Date Croustade, where you must reserve the date liquid when you make this heavenly jam.
- Put into jars and seal with paraffin wax.