tom kha gaiFrom frantic 5 years ago
- 250g chicken breast, sliced in bite sized pieces shopping list
- 500ml coconut milk shopping list
- 2 stalks lemongrass, cut into 2.5cm lngths shopping list
- 6 thin slices of young galangal (ginger is a substitute, but poorly) shopping list
- 5 fresh kaffir lime leaves shopping list
- 5 tspns lime juice shopping list
- 1 tspn Asian fish sauce shopping list
- 1 tspn sugar shopping list
- 1 small red chilli, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves (no stalks) shopping list
How to make it
- BOUQUET GARNIS THAI STYLE
- Tie the galangal, lemongrass and lime leaves into a piece of muslin and tie up with string.
- Pour half of the coconut milk into a saucepan with the bouquet garnis and bring to the boil.
- Add chicken and cook until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the remaining coconut milk, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, chilli and heat until it is just boiling.
- Remove bouquet garnis and discard.
- Pour into bowls ensuring each bowl has enough pieces of chicken.
- Put coriander leaves on top before serving.
- Quartered tomatoes can also be added at the last as a type of added garnish.
The Cookfrantic Adelaide, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!