Awesome Tofu And Egg QuicheFrom munchy 6 years ago
- 1 partially baked pie shell (store bought but baked for about 10 mins) shopping list
- 1 block of tofu, crumbled shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- dash nutmeg shopping list
- dash salt and pepper shopping list
- dash garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce shopping list
- 4 eggs (from cage-free hens, of course!) shopping list
- 3 ounces of your favorite cheese (grated or chopped)-or however much you'd like! shopping list
- small onion, and/or 1/2 cup green pepper, and/or crumbled veggie sausage or veggie ham (I actually used onion, pepper and veg sausage in mine! It was AWESOME!) shopping list
- 1 tbs butter shopping list
- 1 tbs oil shopping list
- 2 tbs flour shopping list
How to make it
- Combine tofu, eggs, water, spices and cheese in a big bowl and mix well.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat your oil and butter. Saute the onion/green pepper/or your other choices until tender.
- Pour into the bowl with the egg/tofu mixture and mix well.
- Pour into your pie shell.
- Bake at 350º for about 45 minutes. Test with a knife to make sure it's done inside the center.
- WOW!! YUMMY!
The Cookmunchy Souderton, PA
The Rating3 people
Your recipe was my first attempt at anything tofu - and it was a pleasant surprise. thank you so much for a great recipe. I have made it several times now and have added a few "extras" because my husband and I like food with a "kick" but it is a gr...morewebster1223 in Springfield loved it
Quiche and tofu go together like peanut butter and jelly:) and that picture looks tooo goodorangeskipper in Redding loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!