Deviled EggsFrom army88mwife 5 years ago
How to make it
- First hard boil the eggs. Fill up a large saucepan half-way with water and gently add the eggs. Cover the eggs with at least an inch of water. Add a teaspoon of vinegar to the water (this will help contain egg whites from leaking out if any of the shells crack while cooking). Add a pinch of salt to the water.
- Bring the water to a boil. Cover, and remove from heat.
- Let sit covered for 20 minutes.
- Drain hot water from pan and run cold water over the eggs. (At this point if you crack the egg shells while the eggs are cooling, it will make it easier to peel the shells.) Let sit in the cool water a few minutes, changing the water if necessary to keep it cool.
- Peel the eggs, discard shells.
- Using a sharp knife, slice each egg in half, lengthwise. Gently remove the yolk halves and place in a small mixing bowl. Arrange the egg white halves on a serving platter.
- Using a fork, mash up the yolks and add mustard, mayonnaise, tabasco, and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Add egg mixture to freezer ziploc baggy and cut the corner tip, pipping the mixture into the egg whites.
- sprinkler paprika over eggs and serve!