Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese IcingFrom connieanne 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs carrots, trimmed and shredded shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups corn oil shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup of raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup walnuts grated or broken into small pieces (optional) shopping list
- cream cheese icing (see following recipe) shopping list
- Makes 1 1/2 cups shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 lb of butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups sifted confectioners sugar shopping list
- You may want to double this icing recipe if you have a four layer cake. I double it anyways 'cuz I LOVE this icing! shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Scrape and grate the carrots into fine shreds. There should be about 4 cups firmly packed.
- Butter the insides of 3 round 9 inch cake pans. Line each with a round of wax paper cut to fit neatly. Butter the paper. sprinkle with flour and shake out the excess. Set aside.
- Beat the sugar and eggs until thickened. Beat in the oil gradually.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir this into the egg mixture. Add the vanilla. Fold in the carrots, raisins and walnuts.
- spoon equal amounts of the batter into each of the prepared pans. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until the top springs back when gently pressed with fingers. Turn cakes out onto a wire rack and let cool.
- Meanwhile prepare the icing. Use to frost the cake between the layers, around the side and on the top. You may wish to double the icing recipe................I do.....I LOVE cream cheese incing.
- If you're skilled you can make a two layer cake and after they've cooled, slice them in two horizontally. This way you have a four layer cake.that's when the extra icing comes in handy!
- ICING DIRECTIONS
- Blend the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and sugar and beat well!
The Cookconnieanne Hillsboro, OR
- Not added to any groups yet!