Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes With Ando Chile And Whipped CreamFrom lostlo 5 years ago
- 2 oz of semisweet chocolate (60% cacao) shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons of butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 cup of sugar shopping list
- 1 eggs, separated, room temperature shopping list
- About 1 3/4 (1.875) teaspoons of ancho chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 (very tiny) pinch of salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 4 teaspoons (or 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp.) of powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt it with butter over hot water in a double boiler type fashion.
- Beat the egg yolks with half of the sugar until light and creamy.
- Fold in the melted butter and chocolate mixture to the egg mixture. Fold in the ancho chili.
- Beat egg whites until frothy by using an electric mixer; gradually add the remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites to the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon into cupcake papers. Bake at 350 degrees until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 30 minutes. The cupcakes will collapse due to no flour.
- Let cool for 8 minutes, then use a knife to slowly and carefully work out the cupcakes. They can be fragile but if they break or goosh a bit, whatever. You'll probably need a fork to eat these anyway.
- Put a mound of whipped cream on and dust with cocoa powder and serve.
- To make Whipped Cream: Place whipped cream and powdered sugar together in a mixing bowl until big, billowy and holds very stiff peaks.
The Cooklostlo San Jose, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!