Roasted Garlic Potato SoupFrom mrspotatohead 8 years ago
- 5 whole garlic heads shopping list
- 2 bacon slices, diced shopping list
- 1 cup diced onion shopping list
- 1 cup diced carrot shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 6 cups diced baking potato (about 2 pounds) shopping list
- 4 cups low-salt chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Remove white papery skin from each garlic head (do not peel or separate cloves).
- Wrap each head separately in aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour; let cool for 10 minutes.
- Separate cloves, and squeeze to extract 1/4 cup of garlic pulp; discard the skins.
- Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until crisp. Add onion, carrot, and minced garlic, and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add potato, broth, salt, pepper, and bay leaf; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until potato is tender; remove bay leaf.
- Combine garlic pulp and 2 cups potato mixture in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth.
- Return purée to pan; stir in milk, and cook over low heat until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat, and stir in chopped parsley.
The Cookmrspotatohead Minneapolis, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!