Fried BreadFrom kahurin 7 years ago
How to make it
- Bring your water to a boil.
- Pour in a bowl.
- Add the sugar and mix til desolved.
- Add crisco to melt or oil. Mix it up a little.
- Add cold water to make the water luke warm. If you dont do this you will kill the yeast and cause the bread not to rise or if its too cold the same affect.
- Spread yeast on top of water dont stir in just sprinkle it on top. Allow to sit until yeast becomes foamy like and puffs out.
- Once all the yeast is fluffy. Add flour. Add enough to make bread not sticky but not to tough. Mix and keen until it becomes doughy like you would when you make bread rolls
- Allow to raise for one hr.
- Once the dough is ready, start stretching it out like elephant ears look. in a circle or dough. Dont cut it, stretch it with your hands sorta like a pizza bread but with your hands. Make them about 8 inches in diameter.
- Add some oil to a frying pan. Allow the pan to heat up. I usually cook them on med-hi heat.
- Put one or how many can fit in your pan at a time in. Be careful not to spash oil. Cook one side until golden brown.
- Flip over and cook the other side. I use a fork to flip because it is so much easier.
- Keep doing this and there you have fryed bread. You can add sugar, powdered sugar, some sort of fruit glaze, or sugar glaze. or just plain butter. They are a very yummy snack or dessert.
The Cookkahurin ROHNERT PARK, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!