Almost Kentucky Fried ChickenFrom mamajune 5 years ago
- 3 Pounds Chiken shopping list
- 2 Packages Italian salad dressing mix shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons flour shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1 Cup milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups pancake mix shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon sage shopping list
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Make a paste out of the marinade ingredients. Coat chicken evenly. Stack chicken pieces in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least for several hours. Mix pancake mix with other seasonings.
- Dip pieces of chicken in milk, then in pancake coating. Dust off excess. Lightly brown in skillet with 1/2 inch vegtable oil in it. Brown for 4 minutes each side.
- Remove and place in a single layer on shallow baking pan. Seal with flour. Bake for 1 hour at 350 Uncover and baste again with milk. Return, uncovered, to oven heated to 400, to crisp for 10 minutes.
The Cookmamajune High Point, NC
The Rating4 people
June, You've hooked me with this one. Gotta try it. I gave it a 5 because I can just tell it's gonna be "mighty fine". Smili' - Susanasusana in Mandeville loved it
I'm gonna try it this Saturday!!! Wooohooo!!! Thanks!!! Yum yum...mig in Manila loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!