Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Rhubarb SauceFrom deliathecrone 5 years ago
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar (I use turbinado sugar instead) shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel shopping list
How to make it
- Rhubarb sauce:
- Combine the rhubarb, water and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, or until rhubarb is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the ricotta, milk, lemon juice and lemon peel.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until JUST combined.
- Drop batter by 2 tablespoonsful onto a greased hot griddle. Cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Serve with rhubarb sauce.
- Makes 12 pancakes, and 1 1/3 cups of sauce.