Southern Banana PuddingFrom jones2888 6 years ago
- 1 package (4-serving size) JELL-O vanilla or banana Cream Flavor Cook & Serve Pudding & pie filling shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 2 egg yolks, beaten shopping list
- 30 to 35 vanilla wafer cookies shopping list
- 2 large bananas, sliced shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- dash salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Stir pudding mix into milk in medium saucepan. Add egg yolks. Stirring constantly, cook on medium heat until mixture comes to full boil. Remove from heat.
- Arrange layer of cookies on bottom and up side of 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Add 1 layer of banana slices; top with 1/3 of the pudding. Repeat layers, ending with pudding.
- Beat egg whites and salt in medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until still peaks form. Spoon lightly onto pudding, sealing edges well.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned. Serve warm or refrigerate until ready to serve. Before serving, garnish with additional banana slices dipped in lemon juice to prevent darkening, if desired.
The Cookjones2888 Columbus, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!