TWO WAYS WITH GREEN BEANSFrom magpieno6 10 years ago
- beans with tomato sauce (1) shopping list
- 1 lb. fresh Greeen beans, topped and tailed shopping list
- 1.1/2 oz butter shopping list
- 1 tspn chopped basil shopping list
- 1/2 Freshly grated lemon rind shopping list
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and quartered shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- beans with Italian Sauce (2) shopping list
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, topped and tailed shopping list
- 1/2 oz butter shopping list
- 3 tbspn whipping cream shopping list
- Freshley grated nutmeg, to taste shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 3 tbspn parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- (1) Cook beans in boiling salted water for 6-7 minutes until just tender but still firm to the bite. Drain well
- Melt butter un saucepan.
- Stir in Basil, Lemon rind and garlic.
- Add Tomatoes and cook gently until heaated through.
- Mix beans with sauce, season to taste. seerve hot.
- (2) Cook and drain beans
- Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in cream, nutmeg, pepper and 2 tbspn Prmesan cheese.
- Add beans to pan, het gently.
- Season to taste and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- serve hot.