Reeses Peanut Butter Cups copycatFrom hayleesgrandma 6 years ago
How to make it
- 1. Cut the top half off of the muffin cups so that they are shallower.
- 2. Pour the chocolate chips into a glass bowl and melt them in the microwave: Microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes. Stir the chips gently, and let them sit for a minute or so. If the chocolate needs more melting, microwave again at half power for 30 seconds. Stir gently. Continue the process, stirring gently as you go. But be very careful not to overcook the chocolate.
- 3. Using a teaspoon, spoon a portion of the chocolate into the middle of a muffin cup. Draw the chocolate up the edges of the cup with the back of the spoon. Coat the entire inside of the muffin cup with chocolate and place it into a muffin tin. Repeat with the remaining muffin cups and then put the whole muffin tin in the fridge so that the chocolate hardens.
- 4. Combine the reduced-fat peanut butter, powdered sugar and salt in a medium bowl.
- 5. When the chocolate in the muffin cups has hardened, pop the sweetened peanut butter into the microwave oven on full power for 1 minute. This will soften up the peanut butter so that it easily flows into the cups.
- 6. Spoon a small portion of peanut butter into each of the chocolate-coated cups. Leave room at the top for an additional layer of chocolate, which we'll add later. Pop the candy back in the refrigerator to harden the peanut butter. This should take an hour or so.
- 7. When the peanut butter filling has hardened, re-melt the chocolate chips in the microwave on half power for 30 to 60 seconds. Use a teaspoon to spread a layer of chocolate over the top of each candy. Chill the candy once again to set up the chocolate.
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
The Rating10 people
this is always a favorite good postminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I have made these and they are very good. Like you, I love the Reese's PB Cups, so it's kind of fun to know how to make some at home. Great post - gets a high 5 from me. Thanks!!lunasea in Orlando loved it
I will be making these soon, thanks so much for the recipe. I love Reese's!ruskingirl in Harrison Twp loved it