Beta Carotene SoupFrom katcooks 7 years ago
- 1 ½ c rutabaga, ¼ inch dice shopping list
- 1 ½ c sweet potato, peeled, ¼ inch dice shopping list
- 1 ½ c squash, peeled, ¼ inch dice (Butternut or Acorn is good, but any will work) shopping list
- 1 carrot, grated shopping list
- 2 ribs celery, sliced thinly shopping list
- 2 leeks (or about 12” of white and light green parts), sliced thinly shopping list
- 2 Qts broth (Veggie or chicken) shopping list
- 1 Can evaporated milk, Skim or Regular (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 T thyme (if you love thyme like me) shopping list
- ¼ c parsley, chopped shopping list
- olive oil, salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Bring broth to a boil over medium heat.
- Add diced root veggies and simmer about 15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, saute carrot, celery and leeks in olive oil until soft.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Add carrot mixture to broth and puree with immersion blender (alternately, CAREFULLY puree in batches in blender).
- Stir in evaporated milk ,if using, and heat through, 2 – 3 minutes.
- Make sure soup has cooled a bit before adding milk so it does not curdle.
- Stir in parsley and serve.
The Cookkatcooks Newport, OR
- Not added to any groups yet!