Tangerine Roast PorkFrom juliecake 7 years ago
- 1 4 - 5 lb pork loin center rib roast shopping list
- 1 t dry mustard shopping list
- 1 t dried marjoram, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 2 t finely shredded tangerine peel or orange peel shopping list
- 1/2 c tangerine juice or orange juice shopping list
- 1 T packed brown sugar' shopping list
- 2/3 c chicken or beef broth shopping list
- 3 T flour shopping list
- 1/8 t dry mustard shopping list
- 1/8 t dried marjoram, crushed shopping list
- salt/pepper shopping list
- 3 tangerines or 2 oranges, peeled, sectioned and seeded shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place roast, rib side down in a shallow roasting pan. In a small bowl combine the 1 t dry mustard, 1 t marjoram and 1/2 t salt. Sprinkle mustard mixture evenly over pork, rub in with fingers. Insert meat thermometer in center . Roast uncovered for 1 1/2 hours.
- In a small bowl stir together the peel, juice, and brown sugar; spoon over the meat. Roast about 30 min more or until thermometer registers 155 degrees, spooning pan juices over meat once or twice. Transfer meat to platter. Cover and let stand for 15 min before slicing.
- Strain pan juices, skim off fat. Measure juices add enough broth to juices to equal 3/4 c. Pour into medium saucepan. In a screw top jar, combine the 2/3 c broth and the flour; shake well. Add to the saucepan along with the 1/8 t marjoram. Cook till thick and bubbly; cook and stir 1 more min. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Stir in tangerines or oranges; heat through. Serve with the pork.