Daves Scallop AlfredoFrom bigjames 7 years ago
- - 1 pound of raw bay scallops shopping list
- - 1/2 pound of Alfredo noodles shopping list
- - salt (seasoned salt) shopping list
- - pepper shopping list
- - Pinch of tarragon shopping list
- - Pinch of chopped chives shopping list
- - Pinch of red Cheyenne pepper shopping list
- - Dash of sesame seeds shopping list
- - 1 tsp of dried basil shopping list
- - 4 tsp of butter or margarine shopping list
- - 2 cloves of garlic (minced) shopping list
- - 4 ozs extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- - 1 ozs wine vinegar shopping list
- - 1 lemon half shopping list
- - 1 package/jar of your favorite alfredo sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Boil 2 quarts of water in a large pot and add salt to taste along with 1 ounce of extra virgin olive oil. Add pasta and wait for reboil. Cook uncovered for 11 to 12 minuets, stirring occasionally. When pasta is at desired tenderness, remove from heat and strain under cold water.
- Place scallops in strainer and run under colder water for about six minutes, moving them around to allow even defrost. Remove from strainer and pat dry.
- Put 3 ounces of extra virgin olive oil and 1 ozs of wine vinegar in a large frying pan on medium heat.
- Add scallops and 2 tsp of butter or margarine.
- Next add Salt, Pepper to taste, Pinch of tarragon, Pinch of chopped chives, Pinch of red Cheyenne pepper, Dash of sesame seeds, 2 cloves of garlic (minced).
- Take lemon half and squeeze juice over scallops.
- Stir ingredients together and cook for 4 minuets on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and strain scallops from pan.
- Return empty frying pan to high heat, add scallops and 2 tsp of butter or margarine and fry for about 1 minute to slightly brown scallops then remove from heat.
- Place pasta on plate with scallops and Alfredo sauce of your choice then garnish with dried basil.
- Follow instructions on Alfredo package or make your own. I prefer to use Five Brothers Alfredo sauce. This recipe works well with shrimp as well. This is my first submitted recipe so let me know if I missed something. :) Thanks and enjoy!
The Cookbigjames Geneva, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!