Spiced Rhubarb Soup with Vanilla Ice CreamFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 2 HR cooling shopping list
- -------------------- shopping list
- 1 cup crème de cassis shopping list
- 1 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 cloves shopping list
- 1 star anise pod shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick, halved shopping list
- One 3-inch strip of lemon zest shopping list
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds rhubarb, stalks peeled and sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- vanilla ice cream, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, bring the cassis, wine, brown sugar, cloves, star anise, cinnamon, zest and vanilla bean to a boil over high heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Reduce the heat and discard the flavorings. Stir in the rhubarb and return to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- Spoon the soup into bowls.
- Top each with a scoop of ice cream and serve.