Whole Grain Pasta With Fresh VegetablesFrom jena 9 years ago
- 1 lb whole grain rotini or ziti pasta shopping list
- 4 - 6 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/2 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 tbls olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 c fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 c small broccoli florets shopping list
- 1 c fresh or frozen peas shopping list
- 1 c red bell pepper, chopped (optional) shopping list
- 1 c green bell pepper, chopped (optional) shopping list
- 1 small zucchini, diced shopping list
- 2 medium red ripe tomatoes, chopped, or 12 cherry tomatoes, halved shopping list
- 12 fresh basil leaves, cut in slivers or 1 tsp dried basil shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the garlic and onion in olive oil until the onion is translucent.
- Add parsley and cook just until it wilts.
- Stir in broccoli, peas, and bell peppers and saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, basil and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- The tomatoes should be chunky and the vegetables should still retain their fresh-looking color.
- Serve over pasta.
- 354 calories per serving.