Pineapple TartFrom cholena 5 years ago
- Filling : shopping list
- 2 pineapples , quartered shopping list
- 150 g caster sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 2 Screwpine leaves , knotted / 1tsp Pandan essence shopping list
- Pastry : shopping list
- 350 g flour , sifted shopping list
- 200 g butter shopping list
- 25 g icing sugar shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
How to make it
- Filling :
- Grate the pineapple fine .
- Place on the muslin cloth and squeeze out as muchof the juice as possible .
- Place the pulp in a non stick pan and add all the ing. and cook at low heat until it becomes thick and golden .
- Cool it .
- Make small balls .
- Pastry :
- Beat the butter , sugar , yolk and salt until fluffy .
- Fold in the flour .
- Mix the dough well and chill it for 30 mins .
- Pre heat oven to 180 deg . Line 2 baking trays and grease it .
- Roll out the pastry to less then 1 cm thick .
- Make tart shapes . Arrange on the tray .
- Place the filling in the middle .
- Bake 20 mins .
- Cool it in a wire rack before storing .