Sausage Egg and Cheese QuesadillasFrom jones2888 6 years ago
- 8 ounces light sausage shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce shopping list
- 2 cups Southwestern-style egg substitute shopping list
- 1 cup mexican cheese blend made with 2 percent milk, finely shredded shopping list
- 8 low-carb, low-fat tortillas, such as La Tortilla Factory's shopping list
- 1 cup chopped tomato, seeded and cored shopping list
- Optional garnishes: light sour cream and salsa shopping list
How to make it
- Cook sausage in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink.
- Place sausage crumbles on a paper towel-lined plate and pat dry with additional paper towels. Return sausage to skillet, stir in hot sauce and set aside.
- Cook egg substitute in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat without stirring for 1-2 minutes or until mixture begins to set on the bottom.
- Draw a spatula across the bottom of the skillet to form large curds. Cook 3-4 minutes or until egg mixture is thickened and moist. Remove skillet from heat.
- Sprinkle one tablespoon of shredded cheese over half of each tortilla, then spoon sausage, egg and tomato over the cheese. Sprinkle another tablespoon of cheese over the sausage, egg and tomato mixture. Fold each tortilla in half, pressing to seal. Lightly coat both sides of tortillas with cooking spray.
- Cook on a nonstick griddle over medium-high heat for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and the cheese is melted. Top with salsa and sour cream. Serve immediately.
- Per serving (not including sour cream or salsa): 185 calories, 8.5g fat, 14g carbohydrates, 11mg cholesterol.
The Cookjones2888 Columbus, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!