Tuna Salad CroissantsFrom lavachickie 5 years ago
How to make it
- People look at me like I'm crazy when I explain my tuna salad, but when they try it, they love it. This is not a pasty, mushy paste like most tuna salads are. *shudder*
- Hard boil eggs, cool, and peel. Cut then into quarters and then slide them in a mushroom slicer. If you don't have one, then just slice them by hand -- but don't MINCE them. You want CHUNKS.
- Same with the pickles; cut a crosswise pickle slice into quarters or perhaps sixths -- don't dice or mince. CHUNKS.
- Add more of both eggs and pickles than you THINK you should. :-)
- Drain your tuna. The white chunk tuna should come out in... well, chunks. Mix it up enough to break up the big ones, but again, leave things course.
- Add mayo to taste; be stingy with it because you really only want enough to make it all stick together. Add about 1/4 up to start, and then mix well. If it is too dry, add about a tablespoon more and mix, repeating until you get something a little dryer than the texture you think you want.
- Pop it in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Slice a croissant in half, lay down a slice of provolone, spoon on some of the tuna salad, and sprinkle black olives on top. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut in half, wrap it up, pop it into your lunch bag and keep it cool until time for lunch!
The Cooklavachickie Salem, OR
- Not added to any groups yet!