Hearty French Onion SoupFrom zena824 8 years ago
- 3 large onions, peeled, sliced and separated into rings. shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of butter shopping list
- 2 cans of condensed beef broth (10.5 oz) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon A1 steak sauce shopping list
- 1 cup seasoned croutons shopping list
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or shredded swiss cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat.
- Add onions and cook 10 min or until golden brown, stiring frequently.
- Add broth, 2 soup cans of water and steak sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Ladle soup evenly into 4 large oven proof bowls.
- Top with croutons and cheese.
- Broil 2 or 3 minutes or until cheese is melted..