Chicken Tortilla SoupFrom rae760 8 years ago
- 2 14-ounce cans chicken broth with roasted garlic shopping list
- 1 14-1/2-ounce can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 10 ounces) shopping list
- 2 cups frozen (yellow, green, and red) peppers and onion stir-fry vegetables shopping list
- 1 cup tortilla chips shopping list
- Sliced fresh jalapeno chile peppers* (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine broth, undrained tomatoes, chicken, and frozen vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3-1/2 hours.
- To serve, ladle soup into warm soup bowls and top with tortilla chips. If desired, top with chile peppers.