Blueberry BuckleFrom jovi_nutt 7 years ago
- 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 3 Tbsp margarine, softened shopping list
- 1/2 c. low-fat sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 tasp grated orange rind shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 c.all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 c. yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 egg whites ( at room temperature) shopping list
- 1/4 c. sugar shopping list
- 2 c. blueberries shopping list
- vegetable cooking spray shopping list
- 1 Tbsp maragrine shopping list
- 1/2 c. sifted powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp water shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Combine 1/2 cup garnulated sugar and 3 tablespoons margaine in a large bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until light and fluffy ( about 5 minutes). Add sour cream, orange rind, and egg, and beat until welll blended. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda, and salt; add to sour cream mixture, beating just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg white mixture into the sour cream mixutre, and fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into a 9-inch cake pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 40 minues or until the cake springs back when lightly touched in center. Let cool on wire rack.
- Place 1 tablespoon of margarine in small saucepan, and cook over medium heat until browned. Remove from heat, let cool slightly. Stir in powdered sugar, water and vanilla, and drizzle over cake. Enjoy!