Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice SoupFrom chihuahua 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice shopping list
- 5 cups chicken broth, divided shopping list
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 large carrot, sliced shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 ribs celery, chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry sherry shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse rice thoroughly in fine strainer under cold running water; drain.
- Combine 2 1/2 cups chicken broth and rice in 2-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 1 hour or until rice is tender.
- Drain; set aside.
- Cut mushrooms into slices. Set aside.
- Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add carrot; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Add onion, celery and mushrooms; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually stir in remaining 2 1/2 cups chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened.
- Stir in chicken and sherry. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon 1/4 cup cooked rice into each serving bowl. Ladle soup over rice.