Turkey Pot PieFrom madampig 8 years ago
- turkey Mixture: shopping list
- 2 cups fresh carrots, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sage shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups cooked turkey or chicken, leftovers, cubed shopping list
- 1 package (9 oz.) thawed frozen corn (frozen works too) shopping list
- Biscuits: shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons green onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine, soft or melted shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Grease a 3 qt. casserole dish. (I use a 9x13" instead though works fine)
- 2.In lg. saucepan, combine carrots and broth; bring to a boil.
- 3.Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 5 minutes or til crisp tender.
- 4.Heat oven to 400F.
- 5.In small bowl mix 1 1/2 cups milk and 1/4 cup flour. Mix the milk mixture, sage, 1 T marg. and 1/2 tsp. salt into carrot mixture.
- 6.Bring back to a boil, constantly stirring. Boil for approx. 1 min. add chicken and corn.
- 7.Pour into greased casserole dish. In med. bowl, mix together the 1 c. flour, onions, baking powder, and 1/4 tsp. salt.
- 8.Once mixed well stir in the 1/2 c. milk and 1 T. melted or soft marg. until soft dough forms. Drop dough by spoonful evenly onto chicken mixture.
- 9.Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes or till top is golden brown.
The Cookmadampig Stony Plain, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!