Tangy Rice Apple And Cabbage SlawFrom chihuahua 8 years ago
- 2/3 cup celery Seed vinaigrette (recipe follows) shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups water shopping list
- 2 tsp. butter shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice shopping list
- 2 cups shredded Red and green cabbage or prepared coleslaw mix shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, unpeeld tart red apples shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions with tops shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated carrots shopping list
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare Celery Seed Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup Vegetable
- 3 Tbs. Honey
- 2 Tbs. White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Celery Seed
- 3/4 tsp. dry Mustard
- Salt to taste
- Combine oil, honey, vinegar, celery seed and mustard in small bowl. Stir until well blended with wire whisk. Add salt; stir to blend. Set aside.
- Bring water, butter and salt to boil in 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in rice. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes or until water is absorbed; set aside.
- Combine cabbage, apples, green onions, carrots and almonds in large bowl.
- Add rice; mix well.
- Stir in Celery Seed Vinaigrette; toss until well combined.
- Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- The dressing can be made up to 2 days ahead. Cover and store in refrigerator. Whisk befoe using.