Spring-y Hummus Vegan from Happy CowFrom munchy 8 years ago
- 1 can cooked garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed under hot water to warm shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tahini shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped garlic (more or less to taste) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Place all ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth or the consistency you like. Serve it warm or chilled.
- Variations/ Add-ins:
- - Add a spoon of flax seed meal.
- - Add a small handful of finely chopped spinach after the processing is done.
- - For Italian flavor, leave out cumin and cayenne; instead add oregano, sweet basil, a few drops of balsamic vinegar, and a dash of extra virgin olive oil
- Tuck hummus in pita bread or a tortilla with lettuce and tomatoes, or enjoy as a snack with chips.
The Cookmunchy Souderton, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!