Spicy Pork Sorta SoupFrom jenjohnson622 5 years ago
- 1 jar salsa verde, whatever temp you like, just make sure all the ingredients are basic (tomatillos, onion, jalepenos, stuff like that) shopping list
- 1 jar red salsa, again, whatever temp you like (on both of these, I like Herdez brand) shopping list
- 1 can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 can corn, drained shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs pork (I usually get an inexpensive cut, since I can trim it while cubing it) shopping list
- 5 potatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. oil shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth, give or take a little. shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Pour salsa verde, red salsa, tomatoes, and corn into crockpot.
- Cut and trim pork into cubes, and coat in flour.
- Heat oil in nonstick pan over high heat, and quickly brown.
- Add meat to crockpot.
- Peel potatoes and cut into bite size pieces, add to crockpot.
- Add chicken broth (a bit at a time)
- Salt and pepper to taste, cover and cook on low for 6 hours, high for 4 hours.
- Hint- A little broth goes a long way in this dish, as the ingredients cook. I suggest adding broth in increments, to make sure you get the texture you want.