Pea amp Ham SoupFrom vegefarmer 7 years ago
- 50gm butter shopping list
- 1 onion peeled & diced shopping list
- 1 carrot peeled & diced shopping list
- 1 large stick celery diced shopping list
- 1kg frozen peas. (can also use split peas if desired) shopping list
- 100gm cooked ham finely diced. (can use a ham hock) shopping list
- 1 litre stock. (ham chicken or vege if using a ham hock, save the water for your stock) shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste. shopping list
- Cream to serve. shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a saucepan
- Add, carrots celery & onions.Sweat till soft.
- Add peas. (split or frozen) and turn these in butter for 1 min.
- Pour stock into pot, bring to boil then simmer for approx 20 mins until tender. (split peas will need approx 40 mins)
- Puree the soup in blender,
- Add the finely diced ham or hock
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve really hot with a swirl of cream on top.
The Cookvegefarmer Motueka, NZ
- Not added to any groups yet!