Fantastic Chocolate Cream PieFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 3 Tbs butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla shopping list
- 1, 9 inch baked pie shell shopping list
- Real whipped cream or meringue shopping list
- chocolate curls shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepot combine the cocoa, sugar, salt, cornstarch.
- Blend in cold milk and stir smooth
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and sti in butter and vanilla.
- Pour into cooled , baked pie shell
- Cool completely.
- Whip some heavy cream with a bit of powdered sugar and pipe on whipped cream rosettes on swirls of whipped cream as desirred..
- Garnish with chocolate shaving or curls
- If you want to top pie with a meringue, make your favorite recipe, pipe over pie and place under broiler brifly to brown meringue.
- Note: no eggs in the recipe.
- Also filling may be placed into individual dessert dishes for pudding dessert and not pie
- Recipe double well for 2 pies