Sweet Chili Thai Veal WrapsFrom martinf1 8 years ago
- 1 lb. veal cutlets 500g shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil 10ml shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce 30ml shopping list
- I cup sweet chili sauce (for dipping) 250ml shopping list
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce 10ml shopping list
- ½ cup thinly slices green onions 125ml shopping list
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet red peppers 250ml shopping list
- 1 cup grated carrots 250ml shopping list
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber 250ml shopping list
- 6 lettuce leaves shopping list
- 6 large flour tortillas (about 9-inch/23cm) shopping list
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil 60ml shopping list
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh mint leaves 60ml shopping list
How to make it
- Season the cutlets with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Add veal; brown on both sides, about two minutes per side.
- · TIP: Just a hint of pink should remain in the cutlet then you know it is cooked to perfection.
- Transfer the cutlets to a cutting board; let cool slightly.
- · TIP: Cutting the cutlets into strips once the meat has been cooked is far more effective and your strips will be much more uniform.
- Slice diagonally, into thin strips.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add chili sauce, soy sauce, sliced green onions, grated carrots, sliced peppers and sliced cucumber.
- Place a lettuce leaf on each tortilla.
- Divide 1/6 of the vegetable/meat mixture to each tortilla shell.
- Sprinkle sliced basil and sliced mint over vegetable/veal mixture.
- Fold up the bottom of the shell first, followed by each of the sides. Roll the shell together.
- Slice in half diagonally.
- Serve with additional sweet chili sauce for dipping.
The Cookmartinf1 Guelph, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!