Bean SoupFrom dreamweaver 7 years ago
How to make it
- Soak the beans overnight in a large pot of cold water;
- remove bad beans and any stones.
- Place remaining ingredients in another large pot; cover with
- Bring to a boil;cover.
- Reduce heat to medium;cook for about 2 hrs.
- Add beans; reduce heat to low.
- Cover;cook for 4-6 hrs. or until the beans are tender.
- Ham hocks can be substituted for ham bone.
- * If you don't have the time to commit, you can cheat by using a crock-pot on low for the steps after adding the beans.*
The Cookdreamweaver Galeton, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!