Sour Cream Coffee Cake TrifleFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- By butterflydog shopping list
- 1 8 or 9 inch sour cream coffee cake with cinnamon shopping list
- nut streusel - loaf, tube or bundt variety shopping list
- (home made or store bought) shopping list
- 1, 16 oz can Hershey's chocolate syrup shopping list
- 32 oz frozen strawberries in sugar syrup, thawed shopping list
- 1 large container of whipped topping or one pint cream whipped shopping list
- 1 small jar of maraschino cherries in juice shopping list
- mint leaves for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- When cake is completely cold, tear up in coarse chunks. Or use a store bought coffee cake.
- In a glass bowl layer the cake, berries with juice, chocolate syrup, cut of maraschino and juice and repeat layers again.
- Spread whipped topping or cream over the trifle. Cover and chill well.
- Serve individual portions in glass bowls or dishes
- Note: variations: egg nog pound cake would also work well in the recipe for New Year's