Lemon Poppy Seed Pound CakeFrom crockpotmama 5 years ago
- 1 teaspoon all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup better or margarine shopping list
- 2 large egg whites shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons poppy seed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- ¾ cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Coat an 8 X 4 - inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Dust with flour.
- Combine granulated sugar and butter in a bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer 4 minutes until well blended. Add egg whites and egg, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add lemon rind and vanilla; beat well. Combine 1 2/3 cups flour , poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, stirring well with a wisk. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour batter into pan; bake @ 350 for 1 hour or until wooden toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Poke holes in top of cake. Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in bowl; stir well. Brush over warm cake.
The Cookcrockpotmama Mason, OH
The Rating2 people
My mother was going to bake a poppy seed cake and asked the cashier where could she find them.....the girl thought they were illegal! This is a great cake. Got my 5!jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!