Sourdough Chocolate CakeFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup whole milk ( skim is fine also ) shopping list
- 1/2 cup oil ( not olive ) shopping list
- 3/4 cup cold brewed coffee shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond flavoring shopping list
How to make it
- This recipe is very popular since it has many variations:
- Place starter in bowl and let become bubbly at room temperature.
- This can be a few hours or you can let it stand overnight.
- Add all the remaining ingredients in order listed beating well until thoroughly mixed.
- Batter will be thin.
- Place in 2, round 9 inch cake pans or an oblong baking pan , filling pan at least 1/2 full.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven about 30 minutes or until cake tests done with tooth pick inserted in center.
- Cool completely.
- Frost as desired with a good chocolate frosting or glaze. A fudgy , moist chocolate cake.
- Note: there are different versions of this cake.
- You can use 1/2 part brown sugar and 1/2 part white sugar for all the sugar or you can use buttermilk for the whole milk.