Soup Beans n DumplingsFrom taylorsue82 8 years ago
- 2 ham hocks or 2 or more cups diced left over ham shopping list
- bag navy or great northen beans shopping list
- Dumplings shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 tablespoons shortening shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 egg beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Add beans to pot n add water to cover well, Bring to boil, then turn off heat n let soak for 6 hours or so. Drain . Add ham hocks to pan with the beans n add enough water to fill pan 3/4 of the way, or enough water to be a few inches over beans n hocks. Add plenty of black pepper, n can also had ham soup base if ya wish.Let simmer on top of stove 3-4 hours or till beans are done.
- Sift flour n baking powder n salt, cut in shortening untill crumbly. Pout in milk n egg and mix till flour is just dampened. Drop by teaspoon fulls on top beans. Cover lightly and steam 12 -15 minutes without removing lid.
- To cook over fire hang on tripod, the smoke from the fire gives these such a good taste.
- These dumplings are also cook in chicken n dumplings or over fruit mixutes.
The Cooktaylorsue82 Wapakoneta, OH
The Rating3 people
My grandmother use to make beans and dumplings I love them thanks.(Deserves a 10.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Cookin Moms348 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Outdoor Cooking89 members
Pass Down Recipes314 members
Anything Goes287 members
Camping Foods138 members
Family Favorites141 members
Friends In The Kitchen315 members
Oldies But Goodies114 members
Yahoo Bitches32 members