Home Made Rice-a-Roni MixFrom midgelet 8 years ago
How to make it
- Store all in a large jar or cannister.
- When the time comes, fry one cup of it in vegetable oil until
- the pasta begins to brown
- Then add 2 cups stock ( chicken, beef, vegetable, mushroom etc ) with spices and herbs of your choice. ( see note below )
- Bring to a boil and then gently simmer until moisture is absorbed and grains are tender ( This could be up to one hour )
- Then fluff and let sit for a brief interval.
- Scale proportions as appropriate.
- Note: seasoning suggestions: salt, pepper, dried parsley, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, whatever you like in your grains!