Barbecued Pork Sandwich with Cabbage SlawFrom caramia 7 years ago
- Quick BBQ Sauce (Below) shopping list
- 2 pork tenderloins (12 to 16 ounces each) shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons light-brown sugar shopping list
- 5 cups finely shredded green cabbage (half a 2-pound cabbage) shopping list
- 4 potato rolls or other soft sandwich rolls shopping list
- BBQ Sauce shopping list
- 3/4 cup ketchup shopping list
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons paprika shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Make BBQ sauce by whisking together all the ingredients above.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Divide Quick BBQ Sauce between two bowls. Use one for basting the raw meat; reserve the other for serving with sandwiches.
- Place pork on a foil lined rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Brush generously with sauce. Roast, basting occasionally with sauce, until an instant-read thermometer registers 150 degrees, 18 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make slaw: In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, and brown sugar until smooth; season with salt and pepper. Mix in cabbage.
- Thinly slice pork; serve on rolls, accompanied by slaw and reserved sauce.