Roasted Chicken with Ginger Chile and LimeFrom caramia 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons plus ½ teaspoon butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 shallot, finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons) shopping list
- 1 piece (2 inches long) fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pickled jalapeño chile shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 1 whole chicken (3 ½ pounds) shopping list
- 2 large onions, thickly sliced shopping list
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Make the ginger-chile butter: In a small bowl, using a spoon, mash together 2 tablespoons butter, shallot, ginger, jalapeño, lime juice, coriander, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Using fingers, gently loosen skin from chicken breasts. With a small spoon, insert butter mixture evenly between skin and meat; pat skin back down. Tie chicken legs together with cotton kitchen twine; tuck wing tips underneath. Rub chicken with remaining ½ teaspoon butter; season generously with salt and pepper. On a rimmed baking sheet, arrange onions in a single layer; place chicken on top.
- Roast until chicken is well browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted in a thigh (without touching bone) reads 175°, 50 to 60 minutes. Transfer chicken to a cutting board, and tent with oil; let rest 10 minutes (the temperature will rise by about 5 degrees).
- On baking sheet, stir onions together with pan juices. Carve chicken; serve with onions and, if desired, lime wedges.
People Who Like This Dish 2
- coubay Maryborough, AU
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcaramia US.
- Not added to any groups yet!