Oatmeal Raisin CookiesFrom dickkoz 5 years ago
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon raw wheat germ shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats shopping list
- 3/4 cup raisins (Jumbo mixed variety preferred) shopping list
How to make it
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 2) Whisk dry ingredients; set aside
- 3) Combine wet ingredients with a mixer on low. Increase speed and beat until fluffy.
- 4) Stir the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture with a spatula until barely mixed. Now add the oats and raisins; stir to incorporate.
- 5) Spoon dough onto cookie sheet (no grease or parchment needed). Space dough about 2 inches apart.
- 6) Bake about 14 minutes, on center rack, until golden, but still moist beneath cracks on top.
- 7) Remove from oven; let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Added notes: Trader Joe's jumbo raisin medley is ideal for this recipe
- Avoid making round balls of dough...scoop spoons of dough with irregular surfaces resulting in characterful shaped cookies.
- Substitue chocolate chips or chocolate chunks for raisins