Chinese Poached FishFrom midgelet 9 years ago
How to make it
- Place fish in a pot of boiling water.
- Cover and remove from heat
- A small fish will take 5 to 7 minutes to poach and a large fish will take 10 to 12 minutes to poach.
- Carefully remove fish and drain.
- Place fish on swerving platter.
- Cover with strips of gonger and scallions.
- Pour on hot peanut oil ( which will release flavors of ginger and scallions )
- Season with soy sauce ( drizzle over top of fish )
- Garnish with lemon slices surronding fish
- Serve with cooked white rice